NSW Business and Skilled Migration has released information on its processes for NSW State Nominated Subclass 491 visas.
Applications will open sometime in January 2020.
The NSW Government will handle the entire process and will not require RCB certification.
NSW nomination requirements and application procedures can be found on the NSW Live and Work in NSW site.
Eligible occupations and postcodes designated as regional can be fund on the Department of Home Affairs website.
To apply for NSW nomination for a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491), you should follow the process below:
- Submit an Expression of Interest in SkillSelect selecting NSW only.
- Complete the relevant NSW nomination application form (see below).
- Pay the application fee (see below).
- Submit your complete application to NSW Treasury.
- If you are nominated by NSW Treasury, apply for the visa to the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs.
There are three subclass 491 nomination streams and two relevant occupation lists:
- Living and working in regional NSW – the qualifying period is 12 months, the occupation on the NSW Stream1 Regional Occupations list.
- Living outside NSW – the occupation on the NSW Stream 2 Regional Occupations list and you must have: a)full time job offer for at least 12 months in the nominated or closely related occupation, or b) have at least five years of skilled employment in your nominated occupation, or a closely related occupation, or c)have a close family member living in the designated area of NSW
- Graduates from regional NSW – the occupation on the NSW Stream 2 Regional Occupations list and the study (four semesters) completed within the last 12 months with a qualification closely related to the nominated occupation