New legislative Instruments have been issued to accompany the new Student Visa framework which commences on 1 July 2016.
The new simplified international student visa framework can be found in Schedule 4 of the Migration Legislation Amendment 2016 (2016 Measures No1) Regulation 2016 [F2016L005523].
This can also be found in MIA Notice 30 of 15 April 2016,
The new framework has two visas: Subclass 500 (Student) and Subclass 590 (Student Guardian).
There is a new Schedule 1 (Item 1222) Student (Temporary) (Class TU) and new Schedule 2 for Subclass 500 (Student) and Subclass 590 (Student Guardian).
The following legislative Instruments have been released:
- Subsequent temporary entry charge
- Education provider default – applicants not required to pay first instalment
- Visa holders precluded from applying for student visas onshore
- Forms, place and manner of applying for Student and Student Guardian visas
- Demonstrate evidence of financial capacity for Student and Student Guardian visas
- Relevant English language tests, scores and exemptions