Applications will incur a $220 fee including GST. There are five nomination categories:
- Tasmanian graduate: degree, a diploma or a trade qualification (minimum Cert III) as a result of one academic year of study. More info https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/graduates
- Working in Tasmania: for at least six months immediately prior to your application for state nomination. You do not have to be working in your nominated occupation. Some industries are not supported – see https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional
- Overseas applicant (TSOL) the occupation on the list and meeting the additional requirements listed there, evidence of employability and funds for six months of living expenses.
3A. Overseas applicant (TSOL) Job Offer: a formal job offer for a position based in Tasmania that is in your nominated occupation.
Tasmania will only nominate offshore applicants who have not lived in another Australian state or territory in the last 12 months. If you are offshore, you can show either: there are sufficient employment opportunities in your nominated occupation; or you have a job offer for a job based in TAS, and your proposed employer is a well-established business with a genuine need for the position
- Family in Tasmania: must have an IMMEDIATE family member who has been an Australian Permanent Resident for a minimum of 12 months prior to the lodgement of your application
- Small Business Owner: demonstrate that you have established and operated your business (solely owned) in Tasmania for at least 6 months
To discuss your eligiblity, please click here