All state nominated applications opened on 16 November 2019 including Subclass 491 Skilled Regional Work visas. Applications will incur a $220 fee including GST. There are five nomination categories:
- Tasmanian graduate: degree, a diploma or a trade qualification (minimum Cert III) as a result of one academic year of study. More info https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/graduates
- Working in Tasmania: for at least six months immediately prior to your application for state nomination. You do not have to be working in your nominated occupation. Some industries are not supported – see https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional
- Overseas applicant (TSOL) the occupation on the list and meeting the additional requirements listed there, evidence of employability and funds for six months of living expenses.
3A. Overseas applicant (TSOL) Job Offer: a formal job offer for a position based in Tasmania that is in your nominated occupation
- Family in Tasmania: must have an IMMEDIATE family member who has been an Australian Permanent Resident for a minimum of 12 months prior to the lodgement of your application
- Small Business Owner: demonstrate that you have established and operated your business (solely owned) in Tasmania for at least 6 months